- This event has passed.
Craft Beer & Spiritual Conversation “Soft Launch”
September 25, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
A new venue and a new start.
Old South Church Pub Theology is now Craft Beer and Spiritual Conversation. Still on the fourth Tuesday of the month but now at Red, Wine & Brew in Mentor. We will gather at 6:30 and start the conversation at 7:00. They have a huge selection of beer both on tap and in bottles. They also will re-cork a bottle of wine so that selection is also great. In addition they have a full bar and great food from appetizers to full meals. So come early and eat or just show up for the conversation.
This month’s questions:
1. Do you have a spiritual tradition that teaches salvation as freedom? What are you free from?
2. Are people free to do whatever they want as long as no one is harmed?
3. Imagine a woman deciding to discard of an old and tattered flag by cutting it into pieces to make cleaning rags. She did this in private, no one ever saw her do it or use them. Is she free to do this? Is it wrong? Why? Who/what is harmed?
4. How should conflicting claims of freedom be settled? Where does the right of a business to refuse service end and the right of a person to be served begin? (and vice versa)
5. Does the freedom of the nation (or other group) require limiting the freedoms of individuals?