- This event has passed.
Sensory Friendly Sunday: Cleveland Museum of Natural History
February 24, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
Sensory Friendly Sunday is designed for families with special needs that make dealing with large crowds and a high volume of sensory input a challenge. These families can now enjoy a gentler way to experience the Museum
– Arrive before open hours and avoid crowds, noise and distractions
– Take part in special activities and “Please Touch” stations.
– Stroll through the galleries at your own pace.
– Relax in designated “quiet areas.”
– Enjoy modified experiences of the Biomechanics exhibit and planetarium shows
– View live animals outside, weather permitting
To help you prepare for your visit, we have created Visual Stories. The stories use pictures and captions to describe what it’s like to visit the Museum. Go to https://www.cmnh.org/sensoryfriendly to download these visual stories.
Museum Store will open early at 11:30am
Those with Special Needs: Free
Museum Members: Free
Nonmenbers: $10 per person
Financial assistance for families in need provided by the William J and Dorothy K O’Neill Foundation. Contact Melissa Schieb at 216-231-4600 x3214 or email@example.com for more information.
Sensory Friendly Day is supported by the William J. & Dorothy K. O’Neill Foundation